:: Second Generation ::

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Текущее время: Ср окт 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Trouble booting
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт янв 16, 2007 12:43 pm 
Новичок
Новичок

I have tried booting the 2006-11-12 kernel binary from MMC using the instructions on HH. The symbian uboot loader starts ok, but when I press a key to boot, the backlight turns of (the key light is still on) and the screen goes blank (sometimes there are a couple of horizontal black lines at the bottom). After a while the phone restarts (watchdog?). I have the "old" sx1. Any ideas what might go wrong?

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Trouble booting
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт янв 16, 2007 3:32 pm 
Уже Не Новичок
Уже Не Новичок

moles писал(а):
I have tried booting the 2006-11-12 kernel binary from MMC using the instructions on HH. The symbian uboot loader starts ok, but when I press a key to boot, the backlight turns of (the key light is still on) and the screen goes blank (sometimes there are a couple of horizontal black lines at the bottom). After a while the phone restarts (watchdog?). I have the "old" sx1. Any ideas what might go wrong?

Looks like everything is okay to me. You need to connect usb console, and have nice talk with uboot AFAICT.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт янв 16, 2007 4:50 pm 
Новичок
Новичок

Unfortunately I get a kernel oops on the host every time I try to open a tty device created by the pl2303 driver. So I was hoping to get going from the MMC. Maybe I'll try with an older kernel, or a 32-bit kernel later and see if the oops goes away,

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср янв 17, 2007 12:20 am 
Уже Не Новичок
Уже Не Новичок

moles писал(а):
Unfortunately I get a kernel oops on the host every time I try to open a tty device created by the pl2303 driver. So I was hoping to get going from the MMC. Maybe I'll try with an older kernel, or a 32-bit kernel later and see if the oops goes away,

I use usbserial successfully on 2.6.20-rc4. It worked for a while; disable CONFIG_USB_PARALLEL_PROBE or how is it called.

insmod /data/l/linux/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko vendor=0x0525 product=0xa4a6

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт янв 19, 2007 4:04 pm 
Новичок
Новичок

The pl2303 driver keeps crashing on the host, I got it loaded and connected without crash by using 0x11F5/0x0001 as vendor/product for usbserial, but the tty-device wrote out a lot of unintelligible characters instead of the u-boot prompt, so that got me nowhere.

However, I tried booting the sx1 with another kernel/uboot-image using the starter.exe method and now it starts linux just fine. :)

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]